Thursday, December 23, 2010

[cyberjoke3000] December 24, 2010



It's Al Lowe's CyberJoke 3000™

Merry Christmas to all! This particular variant on the old Christmas poem struck close to home at our house this year. Here's hoping your holiday is perfect.

Here's a video by a group called Straight No Chaser that should put you in the Christmas spirit:
http://bit.ly/hov4sM

Got a joke to share with me? Send it here. If you received this email from a friend, why not start your own free subscription? It's easy. See below.

AL

Today's CyberJoke 3000™

A Parents' Night Before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house,

I searched for tools to hand to my spouse.

Instructions were studied and we were inspired,

In hopes we could manage, "Some Assembly Required."

 

The children were quiet (not asleep) in their beds

While Dad and I faced the evening with dread:

A kitchen, two bikes, Barbie's town house to boot.

And, thanks to Grandpa, a train with a toot!

 

We opened the boxes, my heart skipped a beat...

Let no screws be missing or parts incomplete!

Too late for last-minute returns or replacement;

If we can't get it right, it goes in the basement!

 

When what to my worrying eyes should appear,

But fifty sheets of directions, concise, but unclear.

With each part numbered and every slot named,

So that, if we failed, only we could be blamed.

 

More rapid than eagles the parts then fell out.

All over the carpet they scattered about.

"Now bolt it! Now twist it! Attach it right there!

Slide on the seats and staple the stair!

Hammer the shelves and nail to the stand."

"Honey," said hubby, "you just glued my hand."

 

And then in a twinkling, I knew for a fact

That all the toy makers had created a pact

To keep parents busy all Christmas Eve night

With "assembly required" until morning's first light.

 

We spoke not a word but kept bent at our work

Till our eyes went bleary and our fingers all hurt.

The coffee went cold and the night wore quite thin,

Before we attached the last rod and last pin.

 

Then laying the tools away in the chest,

We fell into bed for a well-deserved rest.

But I said to my husband just before I passed out,

"This will be our best Christmas, without any doubt.

 

Tomorrow we'll cheer, let the holiday ring,

And not have to run to the store for a thing!

We did it! We did it! The toys are all set.

We've finally created a perfect Christmas, I bet!"

 

Then off to dreamland we gratefully went,

For a minutes rest that felt heavenly sent.

But there's one rule to recall to those self-deluded:

Remember that batteries are never included!
Listen and laugh at CyberJoke 3000™&
For a free subscription to CyberJoke 3000™
If you can read, you qualify! And it really is free.
You can learn more about it here.
Every past issue is here.
To join, send a blank email here.
To quit, send a blank email here.

To change your email address
Go here, unsubscribe your old address, then resubscribe with your new address.

To contact me
For more humor, visit allowe.com.
Submit your jokes for CyberJoke 3000™ here.
Send your comments and feedback here.

Copyright information
I am not the author of these jokes and I do not claim any copyright privileges concerning them. I assume them to be in the public domain. I do my best not to use copyrighted material. If you see any, tell me and I'll remove it immediately. You're welcome to send these jokes to anyone, as long as you forward this entire email, complete with all this information intact.



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment